Skip to main content

Obour Clashes With ‘Mortuary Men’ Over Dad’s Mortal Remains

A staff of Greater Accra Regional Hospital (Ridge Hospital) has hinted to host of Onua 95.1 FM’s Anigye Mmre Christian Agyei Frimpong that former MUSIGA President Bice Osei Kuffour aka Obour stormed the hospital’s morgue with some men to retrieve the body of his father hours after he died of Coronavirus.

According to the young man, who pleaded anonymity, the musician “came to the hospital morgue with some young men but the staff on duty at the morgue prevented him from having access to the remains of his father”.

“It nearly turned into a brawl,” he said in Twi. “It took the intervention of the National Security to calm the situation. Obour left with his men and came back to the mortuary again around Saturday 2:00am [but] the National Security are currently stationed at the morgue till this morning” – he added

Efforts to reach Obour to confirm or deny the allegations by the youngman proved futile as he failed to pick his call by the producer of the programme.

In a statement after the demise of his father, Nana Osei Boansi Kuffuor, the aspiring NPP parliamentary candidate indicated that doctors said his dad “is likely to be a confirmed Covid-19 case”.
 
 
Source: 3news

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CK Akonnor wins dismissal case against Kotoko, Ghanaian giants ordered to pay compensation

Asante Kotoko are expected to CK Akonnor a hefty compensation after the former coach won his case for wrongful dismissal against the club on Monday. The Player Status Committee has ruled the Porcupine Warriors breached the terms of his contract. The ex-Ghana international was sacked in July this year, just nine months into his three-year contract. He dragged the club to the Ghana Football Association demanding his 2 years salary, league trophy cash, and CAF Confederations Cup group stage entitlements. The Player Status Committee ruled that the club was not justified in terminating the contract of the former Hearts of Oak gaffer. Both parties are yet to be furnished with a copy of the ruling. Akonnor rejected an offer to head the club’s technical directorate and left his post under bitter circumstances. The gaffer had been in charge for a close to a year having had stints with Kotoko sworn rivals Hearts of Oak and regional rivals Ashantigold. He had also coached D...

Full History of the living Legend Dag Heward-Mills on Personality Library (Edition 1b)

Dag Heward-Mills was born on the 14 May 1963 to a Swiss mother and Ghanaian father (Nathaniel and Elizabeth Heward-Mills) in London, United Kingdom. He moved with his family soon after his birth to Accra Ghana and has spent his entire life in Ghana. He was converted to Christianity while having his secondary education at Achimota School.  He joined Christian youth campaigns such as the Scripture Union as well as the Calvary Road Singers (which later became Harvest Chapel International immediately after his conversion. He proceeding to the University of Ghana Medical School, where he was trained as a medical doctor.  He started the Light House Chapel International while still a student in Medical school, having felt a strong call of God to start a church. In his fifth year of Medical School, Dag started the church in a little classroom in the School of Hygiene, Korle-Bu, with no more than 15 members. Amidst persecutions in various forms and with his academic work dema...

Who Kwesi Appiah, Andre Ayew, Juliet Bawuah and Ibrahim Saanie voted for at CAF Awards

Senegal’s Sadio Mane and Nigeria’s Asisat Oshoala were named Men’s and Women’s Player of the Year earlier this week at CAF’s Awards. As always, there has been a clamour to find out who exactly Ghana’s representatives voted for. Here’s a breakdown of which players they backed in this year’s awards. CAF Men’s Player of the Year For this category, voting was divided into two phases. The first phase saw members of the CAF Technical & Development Committee (16), Media Experts (25) and Legends (9) pick their top five candidates from the 30-man shortlist. The totals are calculated with the three players with the highest numbers progressing to the second phase of voting.  In the next phase, the Head Coaches or Technical Directors of CAF Member Associations, Captains of CAF Member Associations ranked the top three players – Sadio Mane, Riyad Mahrez and Mo Salah Phase One Ghana’s media reps for Phase One were sports journalist, Juliet Bawuah and former GFA Communica...